[INITIALIZING]

[CONNECTING TO SECURE CHANNEL]

[CONNECTED. DISPLAYING VIDEO FEED.]

[PATER DOMUS IS ON THE LINE - VIDEO DISABLED]

[ROGER ANDERSON IS ON THE LINE - VIDEO ENABLED]

[SOUTHSIDE4LIFE IS ON THE LINE - VIDEO DISABLED]

[AUDIO LOGS BEGIN]
PATER DOMUS (PD): Where is Mr. Mehta?

ROGER ANDERSON (RA): I've not heard from him. I presume he is still in the custody of Agent Northam.

PD: Still? It's been almost a week. If Pratik has talked-

SOUTHSIDE4LIFE (SS): You should assume he has. Pratik is a weenie.

RA: I am confident he is maintaining the utmost discretion. Northam can't hold him without charge forever.

SS: Lots of stupid people are confident. Ever heard of the Dunning-Kreuger Effect.

RA: I will not be spoken to that way by some slum-dwelling urch-

PD: Stop. This is what the rabble wanted when they slew Juliet. They wanted us to turn in on each other and fall apart without a leader. But they don't realize we are not without a leader.

SS: Can Tremere magic make ash talk?

PD: I am referring to myself.

[There is an extended silence.]

RA: Just like that? Perhaps it would be better if I took charge of the operation...

PD: A mortal is not capable of managing these affairs. You are a valued and trusted ally - perhaps our last in New Orleans. But Juliet was quite clear that I was favored among us to succeed her in the event she was slain.

[Roger goes silent]

SS: So, if you're in charge we need to know what we're doing.

PD: Of course. They will expect us to retreat. But we will instead show strength. Our first step, though, is reconsolidation. Damien, have you heard from Beatrice?

SS: No. Nothing since the APB went out with her description. My people west of the Canal haven't seen her, and she'd have been busted in the French Quarter. So she's either still in Westside or she's ashed.

PD: Ash would be best for us. But in-

SS: I'm sorry, what? Ash would be best for us?

PD: After the hit on Benjamin Kind she's become a liability.

SS: After the hit Juliet ordered.

PD: And Beatrice botched. We know her to be unstable. Don't let your personal feelings cloud your judgment.

[SOUTHSIDE4LIFE goes silent]

PD: In any case, in the event she still walks the night we need to collect her. If she's going to be stabbing around we need to locate her. I have my own contacts I'll tape to that end. Damien, I'll leave you in charge of that effort. If you care so much, subdue her.

SS: ...yeah. Sure.

PD: And Roger, you will reach out to Ms. Ortega and confirm that our agreement still stands.

SS: And what is it you will be doing?

PD: I will be attempting to find a way to restore our communication lines with Houston. And in the meantime, I think it is time to initiate Operation: Hexagram.

RA: Excuse me, what? Lady Carlisle-Hastings explicitly forbade Hexagram until-

PD: Lady Carlisle-Hastings met her Final Death. And while her memory is honored, we should learn from her mistakes. We will not dance around the edges of the Rabble. The city is ours. We shall fight for it.

[There is silence again]

RA: ...I suppose you've made your decisions, Serjeant. And we shall carry them out. I will let you know when I speak to Pratik next, Pater Domus.

PD: Good. Damien?

SS: Whatever you say, boss.

PD: Then we are concluded. We'll speak again on the eve of Operation: Hexagram. I have work to do.

[PATER DOMUS HAS DISCONNECTED]

{ROGER ANDERSON HAS DISCONNECTED]

[SOUTHSIDE4LIFE HAS DISCONNECTED]
Alex - Your Friendly Neighborhood Storyteller